March of 2015 we are welcoming Catherine Robb, MA, LMT to our Cooperative. See below for more info!
|60 Min Massage||45 Min Massage||30 Min Massage||Chair Massage||B.E.S.T. Technique||F.A.T. Tool|
Our Mission Statement:
People are our priority. We help them achieve their best through personalized care and clinical excellence.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage Therapy is an enjoyable, therapeutic way to relax, as well as a useful tool for the maintenance of various ailments. It involves the manipulation of soft tissue by a skilled and licensed therapist. Our massage therapists are trained in Spinal Reflex Analysis, Myoskeletal Alignment, Lymphedema Massage techniques, Sports Massage, Strain-Counterstrain, Cupping, F.A.T. Tool (Fascial Abrasion Tool) and more. They take a individualized approach depending on your personal needs and the most beneficial means of treatment.
What Are Some Of The Benefits?
- Assist healing, decrease healing time
- Decrease muscle tension and stress
- Improve soft tissue (muscle, fascia, connective tissue) extensibility
- Increase circulation
- Assist in lowering elevated blood pressure
- Alleviate tension headaches
- Reduce pain
- Aid in digestion
- Improve your mood
- Reduce anxiety
- Improve immune functions
- Reduce stress
What’s It Going To Be Like?
If you would like a massage, but are curious what it will be like, here are a few tips on what to expect:
- Please arrive 10 minutes early so you can fill out our health history or download it by clicking here when you’re ready.
- The therapist will review the questionnaire with you and answer any of your questions.
- The therapist will then leave and allow you to undress to your comfort level. How much clothing you remove is entirely up to you, you will be under a sheet or blanket throughout the massage and only the areas the therapist is working on will be exposed.
- A normal massage involves working on your feet, legs, back, arms, hands, neck, and face. If you have a particular area you would like to concentrate on, please let her know so she can provide extra attention to that area.
- How deep will the massage be? That is entirely up to you. Remember this is your massage session and your comfort is very important. If the pressure is too deep, not deep enough, or uncomfortable, please let your therapist know. Both you and the therapist will be thankful.
- After your massage, it is important to drink extra water. Massage not only provides relaxation and relief from muscle tension, it helps eliminate toxins from your system. Therefore drinking water is essential.
Please CLICK HERE for information regarding appointments.
We Also Offer Gift Certificates
Think about the gift of a massage for a co-worker, teacher, friend, or spouse. They’ll love it!
Cooperative Massage Partners:
In 2015 Cathy joined Agape’s Cooperative and we are so excited to have her as part of the team.
Cathy’s practice is Cedar Valley Massage Therapy Specialists. Catherine is a licensed massage therapist along with holding a B.A. in health promotion and an M.A. in community health education from the University of Northern Iowa. She is trained in deep tissue, spinal reflex therapy, myoskeletal alignment therapy, swedish massage, clinical massage, sports massage, relaxation, warm bamboo, hot stone and prenatal massage. Common incorporated techniques include some trigger point and myofascial release. Catherine is also certified by the American Council on Exercise as a Fitness Nutrition Specialist, Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor and Health Coach. She is also certified by YogaFit as a Level I, II, III, Senior and Pre-Natal yoga instructor. To schedule with Catherine, please call 319-415-7484 or go to www.cvmts.com to schedule online.
Erin Norin is a Licensed Massage Therapist for over 17 years. In 2013 she joined Agape’s Cooperative and moved her practice into our main clinic. Not only does she perform routine Massage Therapy she also specializes in Ashiatsu Massage. This involves the use or Erin’s lower extremities to facilitate your healing. Click below to visit her website. In addition Erin has a practice with Primerica to assist a financial health in your life as well. She is eager to help and very caring. Absolutely worth a conversation and meeting with her.
Barefoot Remedies – CLICK HERE