Community Wellness Program
“Health is the state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. – World Health Organization
Iowa ranks fourth in percentage of adults over the age of 65 and second in percentage of adults over the age of 85. Since almost 15% of Iowa’s population is 65+, it only makes sense to offer programs to keep these valued members of our community as healthy as possible for as long as possible.
What is Community Wellness?
Agape’s Community Wellness program offers services designed to empower participants to reach their potential in all areas of wellness: physical activity, nutrition, emotional health, spiritual health, and more.
Individual Fitness Assessment:
- Analysis of Walking Ability – to reduce chances of falling
- Body Measurements – includes weight, height, waist, hips, upper arm, etc. to track progress objectively over time
- Nutrition Assessment – to identify deficient and excess nutrients in the diet
- Blood Glucose/Cholesterol Testing – periodically, if blood glucose levels vary widely or cholesterol is too high, the wellness coach will refer to a physician
A Wellness Specialist from Agape Therapy will come to your facility and provide an informative and interactive presentation on various topics.
- Stretches the muscles
- Releases endorphins
- Provides comfort and lowers anxiety
- Reduces feelings of isolation
- Increased circulation
- Increased mobility
- Improves multiple medical conditions including: pain, swelling, fibromyalgia and numerous conditions of the musculoskeletal and emotional sphere
- Induces relaxation, relieving mental stress and calming the mind.
- Agape’s Clinically Trained Wellness Specialists come to your facility and offer group fitness activities. The accountability of being part of a group as well as the motivation offered by your trainer will empower you to achieve your fitness goals.
- Therapeutic fitness classes offer the dimension of a clinical emphasis which allows your concerns to be addressed