Aquatic Therapy & Training
- Do you need some help to getting back to land based activity?
- Are you rehabbing from an injury or joint replacement?
- Do you just need a joint friendly way to get moving?
- Would you like to use an under water treadmill?
- Would you like to swim against a current?
- Would you like to relax in a warmer pool of water while you do gentle movements to feel better!?
- How about some Personal Training, starting in the water as you build stamina and strength?
This could be your answer!
Why Aquatic Therapy?
The benefits of Aquatic Therapy can be tremendous for those with difficulty completing land-based activities. Whether you have difficulty because of injury, chronic pain, joint problems, arthritis, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, or excess weight, Aquatic Therapy may be the right choice for you!
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
In water, the pull of gravity on the body is not as strong as on land. Therefore, motion and functional activity are more comfortable. Water supports the body, reduces joint stress, and provides resistance and assistance to movement. Patients can improve mobility, strength, and function rapidly during the healing process.
Some additional benefits of Aquatic Therapy include the following:
- Increased range of motion
- Improved muscle strength and tone
- Increased cardiovascular function
- Reduced stress
- Decreased swelling
- Increased circulation
- Increased strength and endurance
- Increased balance and coordination
Email Sarah at email@example.com or call 319.277.3166 for more information.
Aquatic Therapy is held at our Viking Road location, Agape Viking has our therapy pool. We are one “suite” attached to FIT’s health campus. It’s a wonderful opportunity to improve your health, and still very private for your comfort!